During the Financial Year 2018-19, the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa established a Debt Management Unit within the Finance Department for managing sub-national debt with a mandate to assist Finance Department.
The Debt Management Unit (DMU) is primarily responsible for:
- Advising and Implementing on a debt and borrowing strategy.
- Forecasting debt service payments and cash requirements.
- Undertaking portfolio and debt sustainability analysis.
- Preparation of Medium-Term Debt Management Strategy (MTDS).
- Conducting the sub-national debt management performance Assessment (Sn-DeMPA) of the province.
- Managing and recording all debt transactions.
- Generating various debt related reports required for the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government.
- Maintaining a comprehensive, accurate and up to date debt database.