The PFC Wing serves as the principle office for fiscal monitoring and effective internal control over funds distributed under the Provincial Financial Commission (PFC) Award.
Functions of PFC Wing
- To initiate and coordinate financial management reforms relating to Districts and Local Governments.
- To institute and supervise systems, procedures and instruments for efficient public finance management in District Governments.
- To ensure accurate, timely accounting, financial reporting and financial management and to develop and implement plans for strengthening provincial and district capacity for these purposes.
- To ensure timely releases of funds to the Local Governments as per their respective shares under the PFC Award.
- To evaluate any proposals from districts on taxation, fees, rates, and charges as well as any demands for additional grants and submission to the Provincial Finance Commission.
- To coordinate with the Federal Government regarding NFC issues
- Fixation of receipts targets to line departments and its monitoring.
- Any other task assigned.